Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Insomnia Strikes Again

Here I am again...awake at 4 a.m., my mind twisting and turning with the possibilities of tomorrow! It's been nearly a year since I've slept "normal" hours. I'm not sure if it's due to the lack of activity in my life this past year or what, but I am ready to sleep 11 pm to 6 am again. Oh how I miss you, sunrise!

Among the array of thoughts tromping around in this head of mine...

1. 29 days until I'm home. It's been an amazing 6 years away and I am so looking forward to Seattle rain...
2. What in the world am I going to wear to my brother's wedding?
3. When in the world will I get married?
4. I hope I keep LOSING weight! I want it to be slow and steady loss. Not this yo-yo of lose, gain, lose, gain.
5. I want to dance in the rain.
6. I am SURE I am no longer in love with the first boy I ever loved.

See my dilemma? Do you see why I lay in bed for HOURS before I actually drift off to sleep? Pay no mind to the random nature of this entry. After all, it IS 4 a.m. What more can you expect other than an irrational succession of thought?

No one other than myself, however, will probably trace the common thread through the six thoughts listed above. I really only have one thing on the brain this early a.m.

Love.

1. Seattle = Love
2. Brother's wedding = Love
3. My wedding = Love
4. Weight Loss = Healthy Future = Active Mommy = Love
5. Dancing + Rain = Love
6. Freedom = The hope of NEW Love!

Lord, I know not what you have in store for me entirely, but I trust You. And You are the very definition of LOVE. I know You will take this list and make something beautiful out of this surrendered life of mine.

Bring me slumber, sweet Love. And in the mean time, I will think on You.

No comments: