Saturday, February 23, 2008

Book of Oops - Chapter Two

Many of you have requested that I continue to detail the hilarities of my adventures in Costa Rica! So...here it is - the second installment of ridiculous errors made on my journey of language learning. This chapter includes moments created by others as well; they were too hysterical not to mention. Enjoy!
  1. I told my tico BROTHER: "tranquila!" which basically means: "no worries, GIRL"
  2. I said: "Me bano con jamon" (I bathe with ham) when I was trying to say "Me bano con jabon" (I bathe with soap)
  3. My grammar teacher referred to my classmate, Todd, as "Toot"...yeah I almost lost it in class. It took all my strength not to bust out laughing; I was shaking pretty hard in my seat though!
  4. When asked by her grammar teacher to conjugate a verb in 13 tenses, my friend Rhonda responded accordingly: "Necesito M&Ms" (I need M&Ms)...in other words: there was not going to be any conjugating of anything without the assistance of chocolate!

So there you have it...some funny moments from mi vida loca (my crazy life). I hope you found as much joy in them as I did! I was laughing in true form...I know you can hear it!

Please note that I can no longer spell in English! Therefore I don't remember how to spell the word "conjugate." Sorry if it's wrong!

No comments: